Thursday, April 21, 2011

Georgia Home Buyers Tips Blog: Are you thinking about buying a home in Cobb County Georgia?

I must say that it doesn't surprise me at all how much people believe the media because I used to until I started to research things on my own.

Over the last few months I've worked with a couple of investor home buyers who were attempting to buy a home.

They have the information they hear on tv and advice that people who are not real estate professionals give them (most often people who don't even own a home themselves) so much into their thought process that they can't see reality.

The news says it's a buyer's market which is somewhat true. That doesn't mean that you can find a great home at a good price and it's going to still be around after you've looked at 20 other homes.

Many times home buyers in the metro Atlanta Georgia area have told me they really liked a home but continued looking at other homes for sale in Cobb County Georgia and a few days or weeks later they think the original home that they really liked is still going to be available. I tell them it's pending sale and they can't believe it. Don't think you are the only one who liked it and have the ability to buy it.

Another misconception home buyers have about the current housing market in the metro Atlanta Georgia area is about the listing price vs. the value of the home vs. what you should offer. MOST of the homes that I've seen that are listed in GAMLS and FMLS are priced at or below current market value. So will your offer $50,000 below list price get accepted? Not likely.

I always send my clients a comparative market analysis (CMA) which will show the estimated value of the home, before I write up an offer. I'm not going to let my clients overpay for a home and neither will their lender, that's why they have an appraiser go out to appraise the home.

Stop listening to the media and your friends and family before they make you miss out on the perfect home! By the way, what real estate school did they get their license from?

You certainly have the right to purchase any home you want and I will give you all the showings you need until you're satisfied. But don't think I'm mis-informing you when I tell you that 1st home you really loved is already sold or the home that had no offers on it when I first showed it to you now has multiple offers and the listing agent is asking for your highest and best.

No comments:

Contact Us


Web Form
First Name   :
Last Name   :
Email   :
Phone   :
Mobile   :